Travelling introduces us to the best version of ourselves. This is why all of us love to travel. It is indeed refreshing to take a break from the busy schedules and explore the unknown terrain. It sounds fantastic, and we look forward to our trips. But an unplanned trip can only make things worse and drain every speck of happiness out of it. The biggest challenge for an efficient travel experience is to pack. It would be best to do efficient and smart packing to avoid unnecessary hassles in your journey.
With the advent of technology and the complexities of lifestyle, many new things have become necessary for easy and convenient travel. If you’re traveling by car, train, or airplane, whether you’re going to international destinations or on short local trips with a comprehensive international travel packing list for your checked luggage will make a difference when planning for your journey.
Bookmark this travel checklist because you’re going to want to refer to it as your vacation gets closer. It’ll serve as a guide to tell you exactly what to pack, whether you’re planning a trip abroad, a weekend holiday, or even a long-term world adventure. It’s going to help you make sure you’ve thought about anything you may want to pack—those must-have things you need to enjoy your holiday and travel that make your journey smoother.
Before we start packing, we need to start with the “To-do List” a few months before your holiday so that you have plenty of time to chart every activity and commitment you have to deal with before your vacation.
Below are some of the important tasks you need to take care of before you go on vacation:
Up to three months before your journey :
- Check your flight tickets, confirm the dates and timing of your flight.
- Check the validity of your passport and the criteria
- If you are on an international trip, check the visa requirements and, if necessary, start applying.
- Build a budget and start planning for your trip
- Do a scheduled health check-up with your Doctor.
One month before your trip
- Start finalizing your travel itinerary and lodging options
- Start purchasing the required products from the below checklist
- Aim to learn a little of the local language of your destination
- Make hard copies as well as electronic copies of your travel documents and other paperwork, which will come in handy
- Make sure you have suitable travel insurance in place.
The Comprehensive Traveling Checklist: Everything You Need to Pack for Your Trip
Lets Start with Packing your Luggage
Like your fashion style, luggage is a matter of personal interest. What’s right for you may not suit your friend or spouse. So, luggage which is comfortable for you and does not settle for anything else. Below are the few factors that will help you decide the best bags for you, such as:
- What kind of traveler are you? (Luxury? Backpacker? Or anywhere in between?)
- Your fitness level
- Your destination
Here are some recommendations
- Rolling Luggage
- Duffel Bag
- Wheeled Backpack
- Travel Backpack
Electronics Gadgets Travel Checklist
We travel to have life long memories lets make use of the incredible technology available to us in this day and age.
Some Must-haves Electronic Gadgets :
- Smartphone and charger
- Camera + Lenses + Memory Card
- A Drone
- Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Laptop and its charger
- Selfie Stick
- Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Adapter Plug
- Power Bank
- Travel Speakers
- Ipad or Kindle or EReader
Travel Comfort accessories :
The following travel accessories will keep you happy in every possible mode of transport and help you grab the nap you’ve been craving for. Add them to your vacation packing list right away!
- Travel Pillow:
- Eye Mask
- Ear Plugs
Concerning clothing, we won’t suggest much from our side as it depends mostly on your …
- Your Fashion style
But always bear in mind that whatever you pack should be?
Toiletries Kit Bag
This packing checklist is going to remain the same for every trip you take! Just ensure your toiletry bag is light and TSA compliant.
A ultimate Packing list of Travel Essentials for your Toiletry Kit Bag :
- Toothbrush, Toothbrush cover, Toothpaste, Floss, Mouthwash.
- Hair comb, Hair bobbies, Hair ties, Hairbands
- Shampoo and Conditioners
- Makeup Kit – Foundation, Compact, Eyeliner, Lipstick
- Lip Balm
- Perfumes and Deo
- Hand Sanitizer
- Makeup Remover Wipes/ Wet Wipes / Facewash
- Travel Towel
- Personal hygiene items
- Feminine hygiene products
- Extra contacts, solution, and contact case
- Glares and prescription sunglasses
- Mini mirror
- Hairspray, hair gel, and beard oil
- Clothesline and detergent
- Shaving kit and different razors
- Travel Sewing kit
- Nail clippers and tweezers (optionally, scissors, which must be in checked luggage)
- Prescription Medicines along with Doctor’s prescription and Pertinent information from the box which is mandatory for an international travel pack list
- A pain and Fever Reliever
- Allergy / Antihistamine medications
- Flu and Cold tablets
- Motion Sickness tablets
- Cough Medicines
- Antiseptic solutions
- Antiseptic ointment
- Insect Repellent/ Bug Spray
- ORS Sachets
- Diarrhea medicine
Start by gathering all your essential documents from the travel document organizer. (it holds a passport, ID, credit cards, coins, documents, boarding pass, and a pen!) By putting together all your essential details, you are ensured that you have everything you need.
Don’t you know what you need? Here is your international travel checklist, document-wise:
- ID Card
- Credit and Debit cards
- Loyalty Program Card
- Hard Cash
- Travel and Health Insurance documents
- Reservations and itineraries
- Copies of all documents
- Transportation tickets
- Emergency contacts and necessary addresses
- Guide books and Maps
In most major cities, travelers should always be looking for muggers. The simplest way to keep your belongings safe is to keep your belongings hidden and close to you. Also, try to book hotels with either a safe in the room (hotel) or a lockbox (for hostels).
Consider this list of Safety Travel Essentials :
- Money Belt or Hidden Pockets
- RFID Blocking travel wallet
- Leg Wallets
- Neck Wallets
- Cable Travel Locks
- Headlamp or Mini Flashlight
It just doesn’t make sense to suggest that every item on this list is essential for all journeys. It varies significantly between each traveler and each destination visited, and you need to plan it well. Of course, the type of trip and your style of travel would make a big difference in what you’re packing.
General Packing trips and Tricks
- Before you even start packing, check the weather at your destination.
- The number of days you will be out will help you plan your outfits
- Adventure Activities or Special events will help you make required changes in your packing checklist
- Make your Packing list early and revise it
- Items that you can grab at your destination off the list.
- Make sure you pack TSA compliant toiletries kit
- As mentioned above, choose the right luggage as per your style and comfort
- Pack your essentials first, which includes your Travel documents
- While packing, make sure you lay everything out, which will help you pick simple to mix and match outfits, avoiding overpacking
- Make use of organizers and packing cubes to save space and enjoy hassle-free travel.
- Expensive Jewelry or irreplaceable items should be on you or with you all the time.
- Pack liquids in secure bags
Now that you are all packed and ready to go, Let us go through the “To-Do list” Before you leave the house
- Set an Auto email responder
- Take out the garbage
- Check if the washing machine is empty
- Check dishwasher for dirty dishes
- Turn off all electronic gadgets and lights
- Take required care of your pets and plants by handing them over to your friend or neighbor
- Set alarm systems in place
- Store valuable in a safe place
- Empty the refrigerator or pantry of perishable foods
- Draw the curtains and lock all doors and windows
- Leave your travel itinerary with a trusted friend/ Relative/Neighbor