Vistadome coaches are European-style coaches with innovative features such as enormous glass windows, glass roofs, viewing lounges, and rotatable seats that can swivel up to 180 degrees for passengers.
Last year, German-made Vistadome Linke Hofmann Busch (LHB) railway carriages were introduced in India to make the train trip more comfortable. The Vistadome tourist coaches, which are likely to be rolled out shortly, have also been certified by Indian Railways’ Integral Coach Factory in Chennai.
The coaches will be part of trains that run through tourist areas where passengers may go sightseeing. So far, the Indian Railways have built these coaches on routes such as Dadar and Madgaon, Araku Valley, Kashmir Valley, Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, Kalka Shimla Kangra Valley Railway, Matheran Hill Railway, and Nilgiri Mountain Railway.
Take a tour of Vistadome Coach!!!— Ministry of Railways (@RailMinIndia) February 25, 2021
Vistadome Coaches have enriched travel experiences of many travellers.
Enjoy the ride in Vistadome coaches & make your travel experience a memorable one. pic.twitter.com/FqWGUT3MZm
The railway ministry tweeted about the Vistadome coaches with a video, writing, “Take a tour of Vistadome Coach!!!” Vistadome Coaches have enhanced many travelers’ travel experiences. So enjoy the trip in Vistadome, coaches, and make your journey memorable.”
According to a statement given by the Ministry of Railways, the Vistadome coaches include the following features:
1. Vistadome coaches are European-style coaches with innovative features such as enormous glass windows, glass roofs, viewing lounges, and rotatable seats for passengers that can swivel up to 180 degrees.
2. The coaches will also include a Wi-Fi-enabled passenger information system.
3. Each passenger in the coaches will have a mobile charging socket located behind the seat armrest.
4. There will also be an entertainment system with digital display displays and speakers.
5. The coaches’ entry doors will be broader to accommodate those with impairments or in wheelchairs.
6. The coaches will also feature automated folding doors on both sides of the compartment’s entrance.
7. The coaches will be outfitted with a GPS-based Public Address-cum Passenger Information System (PAPIS), a sunk-in type LED destination board, stainless steel multi-tier luggage racks outside the passenger area, a mini pantry to provide passengers with refreshments, and a service area that includes a hot case, microwave oven, coffee maker, bottle cooler, refrigerator, and washbasin.
8. The buses will also be outfitted with a CCTV system for onboard monitoring.
9. FRP modular toilets with pressurized flushing systems, bio tanks, and automated fire detection with an alarm system will be installed in the coaches.
So, are you excited to travel in these modern renovated train coaches. tell me about what do you think about this in comments below.
Also, I’d like to invite you to join Cleopatra’s Traveler’s Community if you’d want to participate or read about other people’s travel experiences. If you want to stay up to speed on the latest travel news, updates, and tales from across the world, as well as learn about current travel regulations in Covid-19 scenarios, you may follow us on Instagram.
Until I get back with another topic to cover, take care of yourself, and keep traveling.